Help With Filling Forms

Home > Help With Filling Forms

filling forms

University Credits
Council Tax
Council Housing

Applying for a visa can be a stressful prospect. With an endless train of paperwork and documentation, it can quickly become overwhelming. Visa has the knowledge, experience, and robust processes to help you navigate complex visa procedures and file your visa application with greater confidence.

filling forms

University Credits

Sign in to your Universal Credit account to:

  • apply for an advance on your first payment
  • see your statement
  • report a change in circumstances
  • add a note to your journal
  • see your to-do list
  • see when your next payment will be
  • see your Claimant Commitment

Once you officially become a student, you enter a whole new world of learning activities, teaching styles, and assessment methods.

When you sign up for classes, they take a certain number of credits. Some universities assign 3-5 credits per class. Some universities assign 1 or 2 credits per class. Credits are an approximate way to keep track of how much work the class will be, how many hours the professor/students will need to put in.

filling forms

Council Tax

You’ll usually have to pay Council Tax if you’re 18 or over and own or rent a home.

A full Council Tax bill is based on at least 2 adults living in a home. Spouses and partners who live together are jointly responsible for paying the bill.

You’ll get 25% off your bill if you count as an adult for Council Tax and either:

  • you live on your own
  • no-one else in your home counts as an adult

You’ll usually get a 50% discount if no-one living in your home, including you, counts as an adult.

You will not have to pay any Council Tax if everyone in your home, including you, is a full-time student.

Who does not count as an adult?

These people are not counted as adults for Council Tax:

  • children under 18
  • people on some apprentice schemes
  • 18 and 19-year-olds in full-time education
  • full-time college and university students
  • young people under 25 who get funding from the Skills Funding Agency or Young People’s Learning Agency
  • student nurses
  • foreign language assistants registered with the British Council
  • people with a severe mental impairment
  • live-in carers who look after someone who is not their partner, spouse, or child under 18
  • diplomats

filling forms

Council Housing

You apply for council housing through your local council.

Each council has its own rules.

You’ll usually have to join a waiting list and you’re not guaranteed to get a property. Ask your council how long you’re likely to have to wait.

You can apply if you’re 18 or over (some councils let you apply if you’re 16 or over).

You may be able to apply even if you do not live in the area.

Waiting lists
Councils decide who gets offered housing based on a ‘points’ or ‘banding’ system.

Points and bands are based on housing need. For example, you’re likely to be offered housing first if you:

  • are homeless
  • live in cramped conditions
  • have a medical condition made worse by your current home


Once you’re high enough on the list, your council will contact you about an available property.